A Big Online Footprint

When it comes to an online footprint, I feel like mine is a very big one. I use many different types of social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Not only that but I use a lot of online services, whether that be Amazon or Best Buy for shopping, or Steam and Discord for video games. Even on top of this big list, I also have accounts for video game consoles and an account for Youtube so just from that my online footprint is awful big.

Image result for online footprint"

When it comes to information that I give to these sites, I usually give my name and birthday when it comes to social media. From just looking at Facebook, you would be able to figure out my family as well, along with one of my email addresses. In reality, my email might be the information I have given to online websites, which could really take people into a network of everything I've linked to different emails. For things related to video games, such as Steam, I've given them no personal information outside of my first name since your account goes by a nickname.

After seeing the fact that Facebook records were found on the Amazon cloud, it does make me worried that someone could get information about me, even if it is something like an email or my birthday. Even basic information like that can be scary to have out there for anyone to see, especially if its something someone could use for malicious intent. Stuff like this is exactly why I made my social media profiles private except to friends but even then it doesn't seem to matter if Facebook is just going to be careless with their user data and put it out for anyone with access to the cloud to find.

Comments

Popular Posts